Join Our Team!
As a school founder and Executive Director, I thank you for your interest in joining the team at The Franklin School of Innovation. We are excited to be in our second year of building an innovative new school serving our thriving community in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Franklin is an EL Education school, a whole school model that recognizes that rigorous academics are best supported when enhanced with strong character development. At Franklin, our program focuses on six “Habits of Scholarship”: Leadership, Collaboration, Persistence, Inquiry, Ethics, and Action.
We seek candidates who share our mission and vision, and are committed to a culture of continual learning, high expectations, respect, and kindness. We also seek candidates with a spirit of adventure, passion for education, and a commitment to connecting with students as individuals. Our team is top notch!
The Franklin School of Innovation is an equal‐opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected status. All employment decisions will be made solely on the basis of the individual’s qualifications as related to the requirement of the position being filled.
Michelle Vruwink, Executive Director
For 2017-18 School Year
To support Franklin’s continued growth as a school, we are excited to create the following positions for the 2017-18 school year. These leadership positions will start summer of 2017.
- High School Principal: Click here for position description
- Middle School Assistant Principal: Click here for position description
- High School Lead Teacher Positions: Click here for position description for all teaching positions. Multiple positions including:
- English I
- English II
- Math 1 & Foundations Math 1
- Chemistry & Physics (the ideal candidate will be qualified to teach both subjects; applicants in one subject will be considered)
- World History
- American History I & II
- Theatre (this position will teach both high school & middle school)
- Exceptional Children Teacher (high school; math experience preferred)
- Middle School Lead Teacher Positions:
- English Language Arts
- Part Time Elective Teacher Positions (may be combined to create full-time position):
- American Sign Language
- Instrumental Music
- Substitute Teacher Positions
Substitute teachers provide short-term classroom coverage on an as-needed basis, to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms. The role of the substitute teacher is varied, and requires flexibility, cooperation and collaboration. Learn more.
- Part-time School Bus Driver: Learn more about qualifications
To apply, send completed application, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.