The 2019-2020 calendar is now available.
There are a few things to notice,and some things we think you will like about next year’s calendar:
- For the first time ever, we start a couple days AFTER Buncombe County Schools. Our 1st day is August 21. Our construction is currently on schedule, but we didn’t want to push our luck by starting too early in August!
- The 1st semester ends before winter break. We think everyone will like this change.
- We are keeping the early release Wednesdays. There are just a few full Wednesdays, which are noted on the calendar in a bright neon yellow.
- We built in two days – one in February and one in March – that we can use as weather makeup days if needed. If we don’t need them, we’ll all enjoy a day off. There are additional makeup days at the end of the school year.
- Our last day of school is June 4.
- Our fall, winter, and spring breaks generally line up with Buncombe County Schools. We try to coordinate our calendar for significant breaks, as we know that many families have students in district schools and at FSI. However, we don’t follow their calendar exactly. The district school calendars do not build in the kind of time for teacher learning and collaborative planning that our model requires.
As always, the calendar is subject to change due to weather or construction delays.