Requirements for all students transferring into The Franklin School of Innovation from another school, private or public, a home school, or an alternative school.
Students transferring from a public school or an accredited private school:
- Will receive credit for all courses approved by the sending school
- Record requests will be sent by the Director of Student Services to previous schools for all schooling records
Students transferring from a home school or a non-accredited private school:
- A copy of homeschool registration card
- Nationally standardized test results: If a homeschool student scored at or above the national norms on the language arts, math, science, and social studies sections of a properly administered standardized test, one unit of credit will be assigned for each of the four subject areas. Note that the standardized test cannot be administered or scored by a parent, guardian, or relative of the student.
- If standardized test scores are not available, the Executive Director or designee will review documentation to determine acceptance of credit. Documentation may include transcript/report card from an online course, detailed lesson plans, originals of student work, tests/quizzes administered, and evidence of attendance. A placement test administered by The Franklin School of Innovation may also be required for credit acceptance.
- Grades will be recorded as “Pass” (P) or “Fail” (F).
- Homeschool Grades and credits will not be included in the calculation of GPA or class rank for high school students.
- Students must be enrolled with The Franklin School of Innovation for both their junior and senior years, in order to be ranked in their senior year.
Please reach out to Erinn Otten, with any questions regarding this information.
Director of Student Services
828-318-8140 or by email email@example.com