We are growing! For the 2017-18 school year, we are expanding to both 5th and 12th grades. With this growth, we have added classrooms, extended our road, and added parking spaces. To keep traffic moving, we have also changed up the traffic flow for Student Pick Up.
This is important for every family! Please read through the new traffic flow, and take a look at our map. We’ll have lots of people out on our first day of school to help you get in the correct lane and find your student.
Remember, our first day of school is a Wednesday. This means we will have a 2:00 release for grades 5 – 8, and for this year, we will have a 2:10 release for high school, grades 9 – 12. High school parents, please do not arrive early! Student drivers – you must come in and complete an application for a parking pass before you park at the school. If you plan to drive and park on the first day, please stop by school before August 23! The school office will be CLOSED on Monday, August 21, so that we all can view the solar eclipse. Plan accordingly.
Traffic at The Franklin School of Innovation
All traffic enters the school through the main driveway (between the Valvoline shop and Four Brothers Pizzeria). Traffic is one-way and exits through the driveway adjacent to the WNC Barbell Gym. The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour. As a public school campus, Franklin is a Smoke-Free Campus. This applies at all times.
The Drop-Off/Pick-Up Zone is a Cell-Phone Free zone. For the safety of our students and staff, please turn off your phone in the zone!
All traffic MUST turn right at the exit.
Drop-Off for all students is in front of the Einstein Building. Pull to the front of the drop-off zone. DO NOT STOP in front of the Carver Building.
- For 2017-2018, we have extended the road, creating three separate Pick-Up Zones.
- For afternoon pick-up, please form three (3) lanes of traffic.
- The far right lane is for grades 5 and 6, 11 and 12. Traffic in the right lanes will merge into one lane when it turns the corner (at the cones).
- The middle lane is for grades 7, 9, and 1o. Traffic will merge to one lane when it turns the corner to enter the Drop-Off/Pick-Up Zone.
- The far left lane is for 8th grade. Traffic will NOT merge with other lanes- it will continue on the road extension to the 8th grade Pick-Up Zone.
- All traffic will merge together for the exit. Be considerate, use caution, and take turns at all merges.
- Carpools: If you carpool and are picking up students from the same lane (e.g., 5th and 6th grade students), use the regular lane for the students’ grade level. If you are picking up students from different lanes (such as 5th grade and 7th grade, or 7th and 8th grade), please use the CENTER LANE (the lane designated for grades 7 and 9), in front of the Einstein building.
- If you are carpooling with middle school and high school students – please come at the high school dismissal time. For example, if you are picking up 6th grade and 9th grade students, arrive at 3:30 pm and use the CENTER LANE.
- Pull to the FRONT of the Drop-Off/Pick-Up Zone. Students will walk along the sidewalk to their car. Do not stop at the beginning or middle of the zone.
- High School Parents -do not arrive before 3:30 pm (2:10 on Wednesdays). Early arrivers will be asked to exit and return to campus at 3:30.