A Parent’s Help Guide to Online Learning and FAQs
⚡️Your #1 resource for help is your child’s Crew leader. They know your student’s schedule, grades, classes, and grade level world. When in doubt, contact your child’s Crew leader.
⚡️Forgot your Canvas password or user ID? Submit a help ticket with Matt Mikulski here.
⚡️Confused about the schedule? We get it. In order to accommodate in person Crews the first week schedule had to be a little “wonky”. Here are some quick schedule things:
- Other than one 5th grade math class, Students will never have “class” on a typical Wednesday. That time is for a teacher’s office hours, 1 on 1 help, and getting caught up.
- Every middle school grade has a different schedule and time and grouping. It gets confusing and can be a lot. Your child’s Crew leader is the best bet to get the most information about a daily schedule. We have also created daily digital schedules for students to use.
- Here is a link to daily schedules for every grade.
- Here is a virtual planner students can use to easily access links to classes and keep track of assignments.
- Here is a daily middle school schedule for plan C. Please notice that each grade (5-8) has a different schedule.
- Here is a daily high school schedule for plan A – C. Here is a helpful schedule guide for HS in plan C.
- Wondering which grouping your child is in or where they should be and when? Your child’s Crew leader is the best resource.
- Did you receive a schedule from PowerSchool that doesn’t match what your child’s teachers sent you? Trust your child’s teachers’ schedules. PowerSchool is required to send those out and they use “PowerSchool language,” but we created schedules that better reflect our school and students.
⚡️Is your child’s school issued chromebook having technical issues (microphone or camera malfunctioning)? Submit a help ticket so we can get that fixed ASAP!
⚡️Is the video or sound lagging, breaking up, or acting slow during your child’s classes? Try these steps:
- Ask them to turn off the video and close ALL other tabs. Our Chromebooks sometimes get a little overwhelmed and this helps them a lot!
- Ask them to move closer to the router. Turn off other devices connected to the internet. You can also check your wifi speed to see if you need to increase your wifi plan or if there is a slowdown.
- Do you not have WiFi and need help from the school to get it or solve your WiFi need issues? Use this link to let us know and help get your family access.
⚡️Who do I go to for…
- My student’s schedule: Their Crew Leader
- Forgot NCEdCloud password or username: submit a help ticket
- School issue device issues: submit a help ticket
- Crew leaders or Canvas pages not working the way you think they’re supposed to? Please email email@example.com for middle school or firstname.lastname@example.org for high school.
- I’m confused and overwhelmed: email email@example.com and set up a video conference to walk though it all!
⚡️Breathe. It’s going to be okay! We know there is a lot of information and that it can be overwhelming, but it WILL get easier really soon!
⚡️Additional Resources from Study.com:
- Back to School Tips for Families During & After School Closures
- Preparing Your Child for Their First Day of School During Coronavirus
- Back to School Checklist for Parents & Kids During Coronavirus
- How to Get Back Into a School Night Routine During School Closures
- Back to School: Distance Learning Tips for Parents