As a tuition-free public charter school, Franklin relies on our parents and guardians to play an active role in our school community. One of the design principles of our school is the Outward Bound motto that we are all Crew, not passengers. We all have a role in supporting student growth and the life and success of our school. Franklin is a growing new school and there will be times that we may need to apply for loans, or various Grants offered to Charter Schools. Those who will be looking over our applications will want to see that our community is invested in our school, and the best way to prove everyone’s commitment is to show the number of hours donated by our families per month. If you have forgotten to log your hours, do so now. Also, if you donate goods there is a page to log $ spent for hours!
Log your hours in here!
Every family at Franklin agrees to 4 hours of volunteer service per household every month. There are many ways to be involved, from helping to make school lunches, driving for field work, or serving as a member of our volunteer Board of Directors.
We are currently developing a structure to better support parent involvement at Franklin, through volunteer Crews. While we are in process, the following Crews are in formation:
- Gardening & Grounds Crew
- Marketing & Outreach Crew
- Fundraising Crew
- Teacher Support Crew
- Community Events Crew
- Fresh Fruit, veggies, lunch meats, cheese and individually bagged chips for school lunches
- Index cards (different sizes/lined and unlined welcome)
- Anything chocolate for the teachers and staff 🙂
- Pencils, Colored Pencils and Markers
- Sanitizing wipes (Clorox or 7th Generation)
- Used clothes, such as sweat pants, shirts and flip flops for students
- Card-stock (all colors)
- Any size Post-it notes
- KLEENEX boxes
- Was chocolate mentioned?? 😉
To learn more or offer your volunteer support, contact Andi Morrell.