Here are some technical tips to make sure everyone finds their way to virtual school!
- From any web browser (in any operating system — Windows, Mac, Chrome, Linux, Droid, you name it)… check your school email or pull up and work on files on Google Drive, by navigating to either mail.google.com or drive.google.com, respectively… and then using your school Google address. Don’t forget the format we use for students: email@example.com
- If you forget your password for their school Google account, see #6 below
- Again, from any web browser, you can get into Canvas EITHER directly (by visiting fsi.instructure.com, and putting in your user ID and password) OR indirectly, by visiting the NCedcloud portal (my.ncedcloud.org — then, once logged in, click on the red Canvas icon)
- If you forget your username OR password for THIS account, first try the ‘Need Help?’ –> Forgot Username / Forgot Password links, that are part of the RapidIdentity sign-on process. If that fails, ask a teacher for assistance (as all teachers can look up user IDs, as well as reset passwords). FINALLY, if the teacher is somehow unable to assist in a timely fashion, see #6 below
- Since you MAY be sharing devices at home, please LOG OUT of your school Google as well as NCedcloud accounts, when you finish using a device. Another good practice is to clear cookies in the browser (the steps are different for different browsers, but can usually be found under ‘Settings’ and then ‘Privacy/Storage’ or ‘Reset Data’) every so often… in my experience, MISMATCHED COOKIES are the #1 reason people think their NCedcloud access is somehow broken!!! =)
- FOR ALL OTHER TECHNICAL SUPPORT QUESTIONS (for example, if a teacher is asking you to install or use a program, and it’s somehow not working for you) please submit an FSI Parent/Student Help Ticket and Mr. Mikulski and his crack team of support specialists (actually it’ll probably be just me) will follow up in chronological order. I initially expect to keep a response time (ie, time to have first discussions about the issue) of 12 hrs ma –, although this could get pushed out in high-traffic times!