BUS REQUESTS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED, BECAUSE OUR BUSSES ARE AT CAPACITY
PLEASE REACH OUT TO DEEANA BENNETT WITH QUESTIONS. firstname.lastname@example.org
Franklin is pleased to offer bus service. Please note this is a limited service. We prioritize based on need and hardship. We cannot guarantee a spot on the bus to any student until we have established the bus rider schedule for the year.
In addition, there is a Franklin School of Innovation Carpooling Group on Facebook. Parents are encouraged to join that group and find carpools in your area. If the bus route and carpooling are unavailable in your area, parents are responsible for student transportation.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures – Updated for 2021-2022
Click here for FSI traffic flow map
We are aware that the car line can test everyone’s patience. This will be particularly true this year, as we implement new health screening checks as part of our school arrival procedures.
Sardis Road is a busy and under-built road. Attention to the safety of our students and faculty and a few general rules will help keep traffic flowing and keep our impact on Sardis Road to a minimum.
Please arrive during the designated times. This is critical to keeping our traffic moving, and also to ensuring that our campus is a safe space.
Drop Off Procedures
All traffic enters the school through the main driveway (between the Valvoline shop and storage company). Traffic is one-way and exits through the driveway adjacent to the WNC Barbell Gym. Form two lanes at entrance to campus.
Regular drop off begins at 7:45 am. Before the Bell Early Drop Off begins at 7:00 am – students must be registered and paid in advance for Before the Bell.
7:00 am – 8:00 am middle school/8:10 high school: Use zone 2 or 3 (middle lane or main entrance) for drop-off. Students report to the Community Room. Students arriving before 7:45 must be registered for Before the Bell.
8:00 – 8:15 (Middle School) or 8:10 – 8:25 (High School): Use any lane for drop off. Students report directly to their first period class.
Late arrivals: Students who arrive after school begins (8:15 for middle school or after 8:25 for high school) report to the main office in Big Ben.
Pick Up Procedures
- All parents will be issued cards with the name and grade of their student. These cards are to be prominently displayed where school staff can view them at pick up. The purpose of the cards is to help us guide parents to the correct pick-up zones and to call students for prompt pick up.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour.
- The Drop-Off/Pick-Up zones are Cell-Phone Free zones. Please demonstrate concern for the safety of our students and staff by putting your phones away as soon as you turn right onto a drop-off/pick-up zone.
- Do not arrive prior to 2:45 for Middle School or 3:30 for High School. Early arrivals can result in traffic back ups. High school dismissal starts at 3:35 to allow our Middle School traffic to clear.
- Wednesday dismissal is 12:30 for High School (optional lunch until 12:55) and 1:00 for Middle School. Arrive between 12:00 and 12:30 for High School pick up and 12:45 – 1:00 for Middle School pick up.
We will use all three of our drives for pick up. If your student has a cell phone, you may text them to let them know you have arrived; please note they will be dismissed when we call for them.
- The first drive – shown in Blue on the map – is for grades 7 and 10. Take an immediate right turn behind “Mt. Franklin” (the big hill). Traffic in the pick-up zone is one lane only. Pull as far forward as possible on the left side of the lane. We will call your student for pick up.
- The middle lane – shown in Green on the map – is for grades 8 and 9. Turn into the 2nd drive, between Einstein and Parks & Johnson buildings. Traffic in the pick-up zone is one lane only. Pull as far forward as possible on the right side of the lane.
- The last drive – shown in Red on the map – is for 5th and 6th grade and any student whose last class is in the new building (generally 11th/12th grade and Biology students). Pick up will be on the east side of our new building. Traffic is one lane only, proceeding behind the new building until you reach the designated loading zone.
All traffic must turn right at the exit to Sardis Road. It is extremely unsafe to turn left at the exit. After turning right, you can use the turn at the corner if you need to go east on Sardis.
Car Pools: Pick up at the designated location for the youngest student in your carpool.
Walkers: Please email your principal if your student will be walking home from school.