2020-2021 Bus Service Sign up(Coming Soon)
Franklin is pleased to offer bus service. Please note this is a limited service. We prioritize based on need and hardship. We cannot guarantee a spot on the bus to any student until we have established the bus rider schedule for the year.
|2019-2020 Bus Route Schedule|
|1st Load Morning/Afternoon|
|Depart Franklin 6:45 AM/3:40 PM|
|Chamber of Commerce 7:00 AM/3:55 PM|
|Arrive at FSI 7:20 AM/4:15 PM|
|2nd Load Morning/Afternoon|
|Depart Franklin 7:20 AM/4:20 PM|
|Goodwill 7:30 AM/4:30 PM|
|Ingles Leicester & Patton 7:35 AM/4:35 PM|
|Return to FSI 8:00 AM/4:40 PM|
|SOUTH RUN – Updated – 1 Run|
|Depart FSI 6:40 AM/3:40 PM|
|South College 6:55 AM/4:00 PM|
|YMCA Fletcher 7:18 AM/4:25 PM|
|Bent Creek Baptist Church 7:40 AM/4:50 PM|
|Arrive at Franklin 8:05 AM/5:10 PM|
|EARLY RELEASE DAYS (Wednesdays)|
|1st Load – Afternoon|
|Depart FSI 1:05 PM|
|Chamber of Commerce 1:20 PM|
|Return to FSI 1:40 PM|
|Depart FSI 1:45 PM|
|Goodwill 1:55 PM|
|Ingles Leicester & Patton 2:00 PM|
|Return to FSI 2:15 PM|
|South Run – Updated – 1 Load|
|Depart FSI 1:05 PM|
|South College 1:20 PM|
|YMCA Fletcher 1:50 PM|
|Bent Creek Baptist Church 2:15 PM|
|Arrive at Franklin 2:30 PM|
Please arrive at your bus stop at LEAST 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time or drop-off time.
(MUST BE AT STOP TO RECEIVE STUDENT)
In addition, there is a Franklin School of Innovation Carpooling Group on Facebook. Parents are encouraged to join that group and find carpools in your area. If the bus route and carpooling are unavailable in your area, parents are responsible for student transportation.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures – Updated for 2019-2020
Click here for FSI Traffic Flow Diagram
We are aware that the car line can test everyone’s patience. Sardis Road is a busy and under-built road. Attention to the safety of our students and faculty and a few general rules will help keep traffic flowing and keep our impact on Sardis Road to a minimum.
Please arrive during the designated times. This is critical to keeping our traffic moving, and also to ensuring that our campus is a safe space. If you are picking up students in grades 5 – 8, arrive no earlier than 2:45 pm. Recommended arrival times for middle school pick up – between 3:00 and 3:15 pm. If you are picking up students in grades 9 – 12, arrive no earlier than 3:30. Recommended arrival times for high school pick up is between 3:30 and 3:40 pm.
All traffic must turn right at the exit to Sardis Road. It is extremely unsafe to turn left at the exit. After turning right, you can use the turn at the corner if you need to go east on Sardis.
General Directions for ALL Grades
- All traffic enters the school through the main driveway (between the Valvoline shop and Four Brothers Pizzeria). Traffic is one-way and exits through the driveway adjacent to the WNC Barbell Gym.
- To start the 2019-2020 school year, we will be using three Pick Up Zones. The Pick Up Zones have changed with the completion of construction and different use of buildings.
- All parents will be issued cards with the name and grade of their student. These cards are to be prominently displayed where school staff can view them at pick up. The purpose of the cards is to help us guide parents to the correct pick-up zones and to call students for prompt pick up.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour.
- The Drop-Off/Pick-Up zones are Cell-Phone Free zones. Please demonstrate concern for the safety of our students and staff by putting your phones away as soon as you turn right onto a drop-off/pick-up zone.
- Pull to the FRONT of the Drop-Off/Pick-Up Zone. Students will walk along the sidewalk to their car. Do not stop at the beginning or middle of the zone.
- Do not arrive prior to 2:45 pm for middle school pick-up, or before 3:30 pm for high school. Early arrivers may be asked to park or to re-enter Sardis Road in order to keep our traffic moving. If you arrive early, pull to the side of the entry road (along the front field). High school students are released at 3:35 pm.
We will use three designated drop-off locations:
- In front of the gravel walkway on the 1st drive (between“Mt. Franklin” and the Edison building).
- In front of Einstein (2nd drive).
- At the sidewalk on the east side of our new building (3rd drive)
You may choose any of the drop-off locations. Note that staff members will be assisting with traffic and pedestrians in the middle lane, in front of Einstein; the other locations may not be staffed.
There is no stopping or standing in front of the Carver building. Cars must move to the front of the drop-off zone and students will walk to their buildings.
Students may cross our drives only at cross-walks where staff are present. In the morning, we will have a staff member posted at the cross-walk between the Einstein building and the Parks/Johnson buildings.
Students must not arrive before 7 am. Students arriving between 7 and 7:45 am must check in to Before the Bell, and will be charged the daily fee ($1). Students arriving between 7:45 and 8 am (MS) and 8:10 am (HS) will report to the Community Room and will be dismissed from there to their classrooms. Students arriving between 8:00 and 8:15 (MS) and 8:10 – 8:25 (HS) will report directly to their classrooms. Please note that once students are dropped off at school, they are expected to remain on campus.
Middle School Pick-Up
We will use all three of our drives for pick up. Once you turn off the main entry road into a pick-up drive – traffic is one-lane only. This is a change from prior years. When you enter the pick up drive pull as far forward as possible. There is a designated loading zone in each of the drives. Students may only enter cars in the designated loading zones. We will have staff helping with the loading zones.
For afternoon pick-up, form three (3) lanes of traffic when you enter Innovation Drive.
- The far-right lane is for grade 7. Pick up for 7th grade will be the 1st drive – an immediate right turn behind “Mt. Franklin” (the big hill). Traffic in the pick-up zone is one lane only. Pull as far forward as possible on the left side of the lane. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone.
- The middle lane is for grade 8. Pick-up for 8th grade is in the middle drive, between Einstein and Parks & Johnson buildings. Traffic in the pick-up zone is one lane only. Pull as far forward as possible on the right side of the lane. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone.
- The far left lane is for 5th and 6th grade. 5th and 6th grade pick up will be on the east side of our new building. Traffic is one lane only, proceeding behind the new building until you reach the designated loading zone. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone. Staff will direct traffic into the loading zone, assist students in entering cars, and direct traffic back onto the main drive. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone.
High School Pick-Up
We will use the middle drive (in front of Einstein) and far drive (behind the new building) for high school pick up. Once you turn off the main entry road into a pick-up drive – traffic is one-lane only. This is a change from prior years. When you enter the pick up drive pull as far forward as possible. There is a designated loading zone in each of the drives. Students may only enter cars in the designated loading zones. We will have staff helping with the loading zones.
For afternoon pick-up, please form two (2) lanes of traffic when you enter Innovation Drive.
- Grades 9 and 10: Enter the right lane. Pick up for 9th and 10th-grade students is the middle drive – between Einstein and Parks & Johnson buildings. Traffic in the pick-up zone is one lane only. Pull as far forward as possible on the right side of the lane. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone.
- Grades 11 and 12: Enter the left lane, and proceed along the drive around the new building. Pick up for 11th and 12th-grade students is on the east side of the new building. Traffic is one lane only, proceeding behind the new building until you reach the designated loading zone. Do not load students until you enter the designated loading zone. Staff will direct traffic into the loading zone, assist students in entering cars, and direct traffic back onto the main drive.
All carpools will use the pick up on the east side of the new building. Middle school students who carpool with high school will wait in a classroom until high school is dismissed. All students – regardless of grade level – who are in a carpool will proceed to the east side of the new building at dismissal.
Arrive at 3:30 if you drive a carpool with high school students. It does not matter if your carpool also includes 5th or 6th-grade students. They will not be dismissed until the high school dismissal time. This is critical to keep our car line moving efficiently and safely. Cars that arrive early will be asked to move through our line and back onto Sardis Road.