Franklin is pleased to offer bus service. Please note this is a limited service. We prioritize based on need and hardship. We cannot guarantee a spot on the bus to any student until we have established the bus rider schedule for the year.
2022-2023 Bus Routes (Subject to Change)
Bent Creek Baptist Church (1554 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC 28806)
Chamber of Commerce (36 Montford Ave. Asheville, NC 28801)
Goodwill on Patton Avenue (1616 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28806)
Ingles on Hendersonville Rd (780 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803)
Ingles on Long Shoals Rd (301 Long Shoals Road, Arden, NC 28704)
Ingles in Mills River (3338 Boylston Hwy, Mills River, NC 28759)
Ingles on Patton Ave and New Leicester Hwy (7 New Leicester Hwy, Asheville, NC 28806)
Ingles on Weaverville Rd (499 Weaverville Rd, Asheville, NC 28804)
Public Bus Stop at Ingles West AVL/Haywood Rd, (669 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC 28806)
Public Bus stop at River Ridge (River Ridge Drive, River Ridge Shopping Center Asheville, NC 22803)
YMCA Fletcher (2775 Hendersonville Road, Arden, NC 28704)
PLEASE REACH OUT TO DEEANA BENNETT
WITH QUESTIONS REGARDING BUS SERVICE.
In addition, there is a Franklin School of Innovation Carpooling Group on Facebook. Parents are encouraged to join that group and find carpools in your area. If the bus route and carpooling are unavailable in your area, parents are responsible for student transportation.
Click here for the 2022-2023 Pickup Zone Map (Subject to Change)
We are aware that the car line can test everyone’s patience. Sardis Road is a busy and under-built road. Attention to the safety of our students and faculty and a few general rules will help keep traffic flowing and keep our impact on Sardis Road to a minimum.
Please arrive during the designated times. This is critical to keeping our traffic moving, and also to ensuring that our campus is a safe space.
Drop Off Procedures
All traffic enters the school through the main driveway (between the Valvoline shop and storage company). Traffic is one-way and exits through the driveway adjacent to the WNC Barbell Gym. Form two lanes at entrance to campus.
Regular drop off begins at 7:45 am. Before the Bell Early Drop Off begins at 7:15 am – students must be registered and paid in advance for Before the Bell.
7:15 am – 8:00 am middle school/8:10 high school: Use either zone (1st or middle lane) for drop-off. Students report to the Community Room. Students arriving before 7:45 must be registered for Before the Bell.
8:00 – 8:15 (Middle School) or 8:10 – 8:25 (High School): Use any lane for drop off. Students report directly to their first period class.
Late arrivals: Students who arrive after school begins (8:15 for middle school or after 8:25 for high school) report to the main office in Big Ben.
Pick Up Procedures – M/T/Th/F
- All parents will be issued cards with the name and grade of their student. These cards are to be prominently displayed in windshield where school staff can view them at pick up. The purpose of the cards is to help us guide parents to the correct pick-up zones and to call students for prompt pick up.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 miles per hour.
- The Drop-Off/Pick-Up zones are Cell-Phone Free zones. Please demonstrate concern for the safety of our students and staff by putting your phones away as soon as you turn right onto a drop-off/pick-up zone.
- Do not arrive prior to 2:45 for Middle School or 3:30 for High School. Early arrivals can result in traffic back ups. High school dismissal starts at 3:35 to allow our Middle School traffic to clear.
- Wednesday dismissal is 12:30 for High School (optional lunch until 12:55) and 1:00 for Middle School. Arrive between 12:00 and 12:30 for High School pick up and 12:45 – 1:00 for Middle School pick up.
Students will generally line up outside, in front of or behind the Einstein building. We will have indoor dismissal for rainy/stormy weather – this WILL take longer and will require extra patience from all of us!
Arrive during the designated time. Drivers who arrive early will be asked to return to Sardis Road and re-enter traffic.
- 5th & 6th Grades: 3:05 pm, Zone 2 (shown in Green on map). Arrive between 2:45 and 3:05
- 7th Grade: 3:15 pm, Zone 2 (shown in Green on map) Arrive between 3:10 and 3:30
- 8th Grade: 3:15 pm, Zone 1. Arrive between 3:10 and 3:30
- 9th & 10th Grades: 3:35 pm, Zone 2. Arrive between 3:30 and 3:45
- 11th and 12th Grades: 3:35 pm, Zone 1. Arrive between 3:30 and 3:45
Wednesday Pick Up
- Use the same zones as above (Zone 2 for Grades 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10; Zone 1 for grades 8, 11, 12)
- Middle School: Arrive between 12:55 and 1:10 pm
- High School: Arrive between 12:20 and 12:45
- High school dismissal is 12:35. All car riders are expected to leave campus at dismissal – this is a change from prior years. Students who ride the bus, stay for BTB, or carpool with middle school students stay on campus until middle school dismissal.
Carpools, Bus Riders, Beyond the Bell, and Student Drivers
- Middle school students who carpool with high school students will remain in a classroom until high school dismissal (this flips on Wednesdays – high school carpoolers will wait for middle school dismissal)
- Use the zone for the YOUNGEST carpooler.
- Bus riders will be escorted to the buses. Buses will load in front of our main entrance, out of traffic.
- Beyond the Bell students will gather in the Community Room.
- Student drivers must submit an application and pay the parking fee. Parking spaces will be assigned to 12th grade students first, then 11th grade students. We are creating new parking spaces where the Carver (former 7th/8th grade) Building was.
All traffic must turn right at the exit to Sardis Road. It is extremely unsafe to turn left at the exit. After turning right, you can use the turn at the corner if you need to go east on Sardis.
Walkers: Please email your principal if your student will be walking home from school.