WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
It takes less than 5 minutes!
The Franklin School of Innovation is a nonprofit, tuition-free public charter school authorized by the state of North Carolina. As a charter school, Franklin is open to all students who qualify for enrollment in North Carolina Public Schools. The school does not discriminate against any student on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
Open Enrollment for the fall begins on January 1st and runs through March 31st. The lottery will take place on April 10, 2023 using a random lottery to determine student admission, and establish the order of entry on a waiting list. Applications that are submitted after the March 31 deadline will be added to the end of the waiting list in the order that they are received.
How to Apply
There are 3 ways you can apply:
- Click here to complete the application online now
- Want to use your smartphone or tablet? You can download the SchoolMint app from the Apple, Amazon App or Google Play stores to create and maintain your SchoolMint family account.
- Need assistance or a paper enrollment form? You can visit the school during regular school hours and we will help you complete the application. Come to our main office between 8 am and 4 pm on any school day.
- All applications received between January 1st and March 31st will be entered into the lottery. As part of our commitment to being a diverse school community, we will begin a weighted lottery for this school year. Students who meet the income guidelines for the federal Free and Reduced Lunch program may be enrolled in the weighted lottery. Enrollment slots will be set aside for the weighted lottery, with the goal of reaching 40% enrollment of lower wealth students for the 2023-2024 school year. The weighted lottery is optional for eligible families.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students receive priority for enrollment. Sibling applications are placed prior to the weighted lottery or the general lottery. You must submit an application during Open Enrollment to receive the sibling priority.
- All applications received after March 31st will be added to the waitlist for the corresponding grade in the order they are received. If there is no waitlist for the grade you are applying to, you will be notified that you have received an enrollment slot.