A few spots remain in most grades for the 2020-2021 school year.
APPLY NOW FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
NOTE: For specifics on how the lottery process works please read our complete Admissions Policy
2021-2022 School Year Application/Lottery Information
All students eligible for enrollment in a North Carolina public school are eligible for enrollment at The Franklin School of Innovation. Applications for the 2021-2022 will be accepted throughout the Open Enrollment Period which runs from January 1, 2021 through March 31st, 2021.
At that time, if there are enough open slots at a specific grade level for all applications, all applicants will be offered a spot of admission. FSI will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis until all slots are filled. Any applications received after all slots are filled will be added to the waiting list, in the order of the date of receipt. If the number of applications received for any specific grade level exceeds the number of open slots, the school will hold a lottery for that grade. All complete applications received during Open Enrollment will be included in the lottery. The lottery is open to the public.
The following preferences are given for the lottery:
- Siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of students who graduated from the School and attended the School for at least four grade levels, and siblings who apply to the charter school for admission beginning in the same school year. The term “siblings” includes any of the following who reside in the same household: full siblings, half siblings, step siblings, and children residing in a family foster home.
- Children of full-time employees (no more than 15% of the total school’s population)
- Children of members of the Board of Directors
All applications received after the lottery will be added to the numbered waiting list in the order of the date of receipt.
Lottery for the 2021-2022 School Year
Date: April 12, 2021
Time: 5:00 PM
- Lottery will be open to all applicants. All applicants have the right to be present and witness the lottery process. Currently, due to Covid, we expect that we will hold the lottery virtually and links will be made available. Please stay tuned, as this may change.
- The official lottery will be through an online lottery program, SchoolMint, which will generate and record results.
- All students will be notified via email of acceptance/wait list immediately after the lottery is held.